Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

2010 Wrap Up

This year, like all others, was filled with many ups and downs. Faced with financial difficulties, as I am sure many families have faced, sometimes I was not sure how we would make it through. I have been practicing a new way of looking at things and dealing with life. These new ways began a little over 3 years ago when I decided  to take a clean and sober path in life. These "New ways" of thinking truly helped me through all of the roller coaster times this year. Each day I am getting better at "Letting go." I do what is in my control the best I can and leave the rest up to the Universe. This year I have also practiced not worrying for it is really a wasted emotion. Worry does not change things- actions do. Each day I try to better myself in whatever ways I can and each new day I will continue to do the same. I am truly grateful for everything in my life right now. I am thankful for such a wonderfully supportive husband who stands by my quest to be the best person I can be while following my dreams. I am thankful for my healthy, smart, funny as shit girls who just make my heart glow! I am thankful for my friend Court who is always there to listen to me cry, complain or whatever. I am thankful to my friend Debi who always encourages me to think outside of the box and not be fearful of trying new things artistically! I am thankful that my mom now lives close so she can watch my children grow as well as watch me grow into the woman I know I can be!
If I continue to do the footwork and let God(Universe) navigate, I will always be right where I am supposed to be and 2011 will be an even better year than this one!! WOOO HOOO!!!!!!

I guess this is kinda a P.S.- After I wrote this and posted it I got to thinking that I never said things worked out and we are on much stronger ground now!!! All the hard work and letting go paid off. Also, now that I have my own art space and am becoming better at managing my time I will hopefully be cranking out more cool jewelry and art to put up in my Artfire store!!!!!! The Universe is good!!!


2 comments:

Gina Alfani said...

Hey Kelly,

I could have written this post myself as far as last year goes. Everything turned around for us right around Thanksgiving (how appropriate is that?).

We have the same life philosophy and approach to difficult times . . . I love meeting others with the same thought process :)

I think the hardest thing is to let go of whatever the difficulty is and give it to God. It is all about faith and he's never let me down.

Hope you are having a wonderful Wednesday . . . Gina

Check out some of my other blogs . . .

http://peacelovehappinesshappens.blogspot.com
http://myfloridaparadise.blogspot.com

Gina Alfani said...

So sorry Kelly!! I forgot to thank you for following my newest blog . . . Fabulous Frugalista :) I'm following you back!

Gina

Post a Comment