Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

On Being Authentic

So, as previously mentioned, I am taking this most fabulous e-course from Kelly Rae Roberts and it has me delving into and peeling apart some of my layers. Being authentic is a really important action. I thought, " I am authentic, I am totally authentic, Right" hmmmm...
I go to look up the definition and this is what I find:

: not false or imitation : real, actual
: true to one's own personality, spirit, or character 
Ok, once again I assure myself that I am totally authentic. Here comes the funny part. I run into my neighbor later that day and we are talking about reading books. I say that I love books as well but I listen to them so that I can clean that house and do laundry while I am listening to my books.
WHAT!!! I had to laugh later because I don't clean while listening to books! Hell no! I listen to my book while I make art! I cut, paint, glue and glitter while the dishes sit in purgatory in the sink!  Did I want her to think that I was a good mom and great homemaker with a totally clean house? Does she really care? Totally not authentic!!!

I sometimes wait to do dishes until the next day, I walk over socks for days to see if anybody else will pick them up I once even wore dirty jeans that has underwear stuck in the leg that I didn't realize until I was in the middle of Walmart! I vacuum and dust around objects. I shove toys under my kids beds just so it looks cleaner- and I make art and I am happy! This is authentically me! My whole family is silly and stinkin' happy!

My husband and I being silly

My daughters being silly!
Until next time- 

4 comments:

Leonarda said...

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for coming by Leonarda! I just read your post...you're so funny! And so authentic! And I would rather be making art any day, compared to listening to a book, so good for you!

Love,

SA

Ruth Cox aka abitosunshine said...

Now, this is an authentic post! Oh my, I have done that panties in the pant leg thing, hahaha!

I invite you to SHOP HOP along with us!

Kathleen Conard said...

Loved your spin on this! I have found myself thinking the same kinds of things lately. This class with KRR is wonderful and I am so excited to meet all of the wonderful ladies - icing on the cake!

Isabel Wagner said...

Thanks for checking out my blog. Love your posting. Glad to be a fellow flyer.

Post a Comment